Saturday, 21 November 2009

I don't think I mentioned that I ran into a major obstacle with the swingarm bolt. The bolt itself rotates within a metal sleeve within the swingarm pivot and with bearings at both ends. I knew from reading about similar projects that the SR500 swingarm bolt was prone to seizure and that there were a number of methods for removing the bolt. Well, I tried all of them and it just didn't work - so I had to resort to cutting the whole swingarm into pieces to remove it! As dramatic as this sounds, it was bloody good fun, sparks everywhere wheeeheee :D

(oh, and in case you are wondering, that is a bread mixing machine in the background, not mine)

I have finally managed to start making some headway on the bike again after quite a long pause. Mainly because I have been busy every weekend, but it was also bloody cold for a couple of weeks! I proudly present...a spanking clean fuel tap :)

a cleaned and repainted front disc...(still with the masking tape on)

and wheels without the tyres (which were rock hard and useless) waiting to be cleaned and powder coated